Vision (What we want to be)
Rhoose Community Library will be a safe and attractive place, offering an essential and sustainable ‘community hub’; where Rhoose and neighbouring communities residents of all ages can read, learn, improve skills and socialise.
Mission (Why we exist)
- To provide a self-sustaining volunteer led community facility for the benefit of people living or working in Rhoose and the surrounding area.
- To enhance the quality of life for the community by providing a Public Lending Library and facilities for education and leisure time for people irrespective of age, infirmity, disablement or economic circumstances.
Objectives (What we are trying to achieve)
- Run an efficient library service meeting the needs of people in Rhoose and neighbouring communities.
- Expand beyond the traditional library model to provide more of a community hub, helping to enhance quality of life by providing easy access to lifelong learning opportunities and a focal point for the community.
- Increase use of the library building- attracting more users and increasing frequency of visits.
- Generate income through fundraising and grant applications to ensure core costs can be covered, services maintained and expanded.